What is Power F.I.T.?
Power F.I.T. is exactly what it sounds like, being powerfully fit.Â The F.I.T. stands for â€˜functionally, intense, trainingâ€™.
Functional– 1. The ability of a movement performed as an exercise to translate to everyday movements, motions, and activities; 2. A movement being performed that moves a large load efficiently.
Intense– An extreme performance of an exercise, movement, or workout by moving through exercises and workouts as quickly as possible all while maintaining proper skill and technique required to correctly perform a particular movement and workout in a quantifiable manner.
Training– A skillful pursuit toward a fitness or nutrition related goal.
Power F.I.T. Austin was created as an alternative to traditional training methods that tend to focus on things like, â€œtraining individual musclesâ€ or â€œstaying in a fat burning mode on a piece of cardio equipmentâ€, or my personal favorite, â€œdoing light weight to keep from getting bulkyâ€.Â The truth is, the human body was meant to be trained in all types of ways including lifting heavy things, getting your heart rate up further than you think it should go, on occasion, and even working out multiple muscle groups in one exercise.Â You see, at Power F.I.T. Austin we believe in training movements, not muscles.Â We also believe that working out should be fun, yet challenging, and most importantly we believe in getting results and being able to quantify them.Â Nearly every exercise, rep, cardio bout, and WoD (Workout of the Day) can be measured in some form or fashion.All types of training at Power F.I.T. Austin, whether in a group class setting or personal training will strive toward improvement in the Ten Elements of Fitness which include:
1. Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance- The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
2. Stamina â€“ The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
3. Strength â€“ The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
4. Flexibility â€“ The ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
5. Power â€“ The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
6. Speed â€“ The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
7. Coordination â€“ The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
8. Agility â€“ The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
9. Balance â€“ The ability to control the placement of the bodyâ€™s center of gravity in relation to its support base.
10. Accuracy â€“ The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
Nutrition is a huge part Power F.I.T. Austin.Â The late, great Jack Lalanne once said, â€œExercise is King, nutrition is Queen, but together you have the entire kingdom.â€Â Well, I believe Jack was right about one thing, regular exercised combined with proper nutrition is the best way to see results quickly and healthfully; however, I believe that Jack needed to reverse the King and Queen status.Â Nutrition is actually King because without fuel for our bodyâ€™s weâ€™d have nothing to operate with when attempting a functionally, intense, training bout.Â Power F.I.T. Austin is dedicated to equipping its members and clients with the tools necessary to know and understand how to properly fuel themselves with the nutrition needed to be healthy and reach their goals. -Joel Hargett
Click the link below to find out more about who Power F.I.T. Austin is.